CVM I-Corps Short Session
We are hosting a special short session of the I-Corps program for the College of Veterinary Medicine! This 3-Day boot camp will help clinicians and researchers understand the commercial world, and how to obtain actionable customer interview data to help shape the value proposition for their research based startup.
Classes will be taught at the new Veterinary Education Center from 8-9AM and Coaching Sessions will be held at the Jackson Street Building
Short Session Schedule
The Startup Combine (think NFL Combine) is a networking event to match projects in need of help with free agents looking for projects to work on.
Each team will provide a brief (2 min) description of what their technology accomplishes and what their team is looking for.
The Combine is tentatively scheduled for August 1 at the Veterinary Education Center from 8-9AM
Preparing for the Short Session:
- Watch the following online courses on Udacity: Lesson 3: Business Models, Lesson 4: Customer Development, Lesson 5: Value Proposition, Lesson 6: Customer Segments, and Lesson 7: Channels
- Introduction to Customer Discovery and Value Proposition
- Developing & Testing Hypotheses
- Market Research
- Customer Interviewing Techniques
- Risk and Mitigation
- Guidelines and Example of a Pitch
Coaching Sessions will be held on a Bi-Weekly basis. Teams can schedule a meeting time with Mentors to discuss interview findings, directions/progress of the venture, and next steps.
- 20+ Customer Interviews
- Initial Value Proposition
- 7 Slide Pitch
We will be inviting local innovation members, funding agencies and interested UGA community members to a celebration event with each team completing the presentations and networking afterwards. See here for an article from our Spring 2019 cohort: Bringing innovative research to market
Your presentations should be no more than 7 minutes:
- Introduction and 7 words (30 seconds)
- Technical Background (1 minute 30 seconds)
- Market (1 minute)
- Interview Sources/Results (2 minutes 30 seconds)
- Learnings and Next Steps (1 minute 30 seconds)